RuneScape P A Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» CHB Application
here is the old, logical web site?  EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 9:54 am by chibee

» im new here
here is the old, logical web site?  EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 2:46 pm by hazellemint

» here is the old, logical web site?
here is the old, logical web site?  EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 12:09 am by amberchen222

» Music and other widgets
here is the old, logical web site?  EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 11:52 pm by fenglingling

» Renzopogito2's RSMV - Tiramid
here is the old, logical web site?  EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 8:34 am by G0DSTATUS

» What Song do you sing ACCIDENTALLY?
here is the old, logical web site?  EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 10:26 am by lorhinag

» PRA Site [tiny.cc/pra]
here is the old, logical web site?  EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 7:30 am by G0DSTATUS

» miss ku na keu P A
here is the old, logical web site?  EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 8:00 pm by Jolo(Aceroyal900)

» nice banners :D
here is the old, logical web site?  EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 8:49 am by lorhinag

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar

Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:52 am by lorhinag

vs INDIA INCORPORATED.
SEPT 18

wla pang time. abangan nyu lng Smile

Comments: 2

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 18 on Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:55 am
Affiliates
P A Clan
P A Clan

here is the old, logical web site?

Go down

here is the old, logical web site?  Empty here is the old, logical web site?

Post  amberchen222 Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:09 am

Dearest Support, what happened to the hierarchical Web site at www.worldofwarcraft.com with a navigation menu and logically organized topics in a single list? I have not been able to find any official documentation on topics. In my self-appointed role of amateur in-game support, helping noobs who are getting treated rudely in TC, I've referred them to the site--the old site--to find things like realm maps, realm levels, mount training information, etc.
Since Cataclysm, the questions have multiplied, and I think I sent them into the Maelstrom of Lost Things. To double-check on their confused responses, I went looking myself, only to find that the pages I sent them to are all 404s. I have not been able to find the maps of dungeon and questing levels any more with the integrated search. It sends me only to the forums, where I am barraged with hundreds of opinions, post after post of narrative discourse, and no fast links to official, concentrated information. As the Documentation Lead of a supercomputer center, I know that developers love to install wikis and forums for information, without realizing that this can be torture for many users--and a huge time sink.
I have sent people to thottbot, allakhazam, and wowwiki, but there are some things that worlofwarcraft.com was just better at--much faster, because you didn't have to know the precise terms to search on to get what you want quickly and efficiently.
Have I simply missed the one-stop navigation menu somewhere? I loved being able to cruise right to maps, realm status, accounts, etc., without having to read and read and readjust my search key words. With love and appreciation for an exemplary game, Protlinkka
amberchen222
amberchen222
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down